Monday, July 16, 2012

4th of July

July 4, 2012
We had a fun 4th of July.  We went over to my friend David's house to have a BBQ and watch the fireworks.  Looking patriotic while eating my red, white, and blue strawberry!

 I might have ate all the white chocolate and sprinkles off of my strawberry, which left me with a very blue face!
 After eating, we got our swimsuits on and went swimming.  Nothing like cooling off when it is over a hundred degrees.  Allison and I are giving each other hugs!
 A bunch of two year olds playing in the little pool.  
 I found a tricycle to ride around on.  I didn't quite get how to peddle it, but I could make it move with my feet.  
 David has an electronic helicopter and I sure had fun flying it.  
 Allison came to fly with me.  We each got a handle to steer.  I am not sure how we would have done if it was a real helicopter.  I think we would probably would have crashed.  
 When the ride was over, we would push the button to go again.  We must have pushed that button a thousand of times.  
 Back in the pool again to splash around with Shiloh.  
 There were tons of water balloons that we threw around.  The older boys and the daddy's had fun throwing them at each other.  I thought it was fun just to throw them on the ground and watch them break.  
 Look I got one!  These water balloons are sure fun.  
 I borrowed one of the older boys bike helmets.  I am safe for anything now.  
 Time to blow some bubbles!
 Mom made homemade ice cream to share with everybody.  Nothing like ice cream to help celebrate the 4th.  I had some strawberry cream soda ice cream with bananas.  It was sure was yummy!
 When it got dark, we got out the glow sticks and headed down to where we watched the fireworks.  I had fun waving my glow sticks around.  
 Kerrie came to hangout with us.  Since we didn't get our family camp picture together, we got one from the 4th!
 Daddy and I waiting for the fireworks to start.
 Playing with my glow necklace while I waited. I had to keep myself awake somehow.  The fireworks didn't start until 10 pm, which, is way past my bedtime.
 Watching the fireworks.  They sure were pretty and mesmerizing.  
Some of the firework display.  I sure had a fun day celebrating the 4th of July!  Friends, food, and fireworks, what could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment