February 18, 2012
I am all ready to go and have some fun at Turtle Bay! Dolly, Giraffe, and Monkey are ready to go too, but Mommy said we had to leave them at home.
We took Daddy to Turtle Bay today, because they have a new fly fishing exhibit and he was really excited to see it. Today they even had a special fly fishing day, with people talking and tying flies.
They had a display where you could fish, so I had to take a shot at it. Don't worry it wasn't real fish. They were just paper fish with a magnet attached to them.
I was a really good fishergirl. I caught a lot of different types of fish.
I would hold on to them for a little bit and then throw them back in. After all it is catch and release right?
They had other fun things to do. I got to try some casting with a fly rod. I think I am a natural. Daddy can't wait until I am old enough to take fishing. Mommy and I had a lot of fun walking and running on the wooden bridge. Back and forth we went while daddy listened to an expert fly fisherman talk.
At the end we had to go and see the animals. They are my favorite thing at Turtle Bay. This is Cricket the Owl (she is the dot in the background). I met her one day and fell in love with her. I wanted to pet her and was so sad when she went away (Mommy didn't understand it since she finds owls terrifying). Now every time we go I have to go and say "hi". It was fun to take Daddy to Turtle Bay!
No comments:
Post a Comment